Tue, Oct 24|
Online via Zoom
INOVA Group PIOMI Training Webinar Oct 24 2023 5-8pm Eastern Time
Get your PIOMI Provider Certificate! Now offering 3.0 CEU's
Time & Location
Oct 24, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
Online via Zoom
About the Event
The PIOMI Training Webinar is a live 3 hour session offered by Dr. Brenda Knoll, founder of PIOMI. The content includes:
1. Introductions/Networking among global participants
2. Background of oral motor therapy in the NICU setting
3. Neurogenesis and oral motor sensory experiences in and outside the womb
4. Impact of PIOMI on feeding
5. Evidence on PIOMI outcomes
6. Video demonstration of PIOMI on a live preterm infant
7. Practice session
8. Unit protocols for implementing PIOMI in the NICU or clinic
9. Future research opportunities for PIOMI
10. A Certificate of Completion and 3.0 CEUs (Nursing) or 3.0 CEUs ASHA pending...
11. Post-webinar: Option for a review of your video recorded PIOMI technique
YOUR ZOOM LINK WILL BE SENT TO YOU 48 hours BEFORE THE WEBINAR.
The PIOMI Training Package should be disseminated to participants prior to the event. The PIOMI Instructions, Parent Version PIOMI Instructions, and Quick Reference Guides are especially helpful to have in front of you during the practice sessions.
*If you or your agency have not purchased the PIOMI Training Package (downloadable) prior to this training, it is beneficial to have those materials with you during the webinar and to assist you in the practice session. That package can be purchased for $149.99 in the PIOMI Store at this link: https://www.piomi.com/shop
(Single PIOMI Instruction Sheets are also available in several languages for $19.99.)
INOVA PIOMI Training Webinar
This is a private live virtual webinar arranged for INOVA Health Systems via Siobhan O'Donnell and includes one downloadable PIOMI Training Package. Link to training package will be sent once total payment is received and may be shared among participants.